Whirlwind Missions is dedicated to "Taking the Church, To the People." This is based on developing one-on-one relationships with volunteers from evangelistic churches and secular organizations around America and individuals living in apartment complexes and neighborhoods. Emphasis is given to hands-on missions experience in the community.
These relationships are built through:
- Establishing after-school programs for children.
- Establishing English as a Second Language classes for immigrants.
- Establishing community "Missions" located directly in apartment complexes and neighborhoods.
- Outreach Events in the community which provide food, games, and music as well as a presentation of the Gospel message and distribution of evangelistic material.
- Establishing Bible study groups which disciple believers and win converts.
- Establishing volunteer medical teams to provide services through the missions and Outreach Events.
- Establishing Job Networking opportunities.
- Establishing computer literacy and typing classes.
- Establishing Summer Programs providing "Backyard Bible Clubs" and Evangelistic Sports Ministries" to apartment complexes and neighborhoods with teams from around America.
The Vision of this ministry is to "Reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by meeting real needs in the community through developing relationships with people living in the community."
Whirlwind Missions is a "grass-roots" operation with emphasis on field personnel. All employees of this organization will spend a minimum of 90% of their time directly impacting the lives of the community. All employees are expected to raise their own support. This is a "faith missions" endeavor.
Whirlwind Missions provides a missions experience for youth teams during the Summer. Whirlwind Missions sets up contacts between teams and apartment complexes, helps the teams get situated in the area and serves as a consultant if any problems arrise. Visiting team will be expected to give a one-time gift to the ministry or establish a year-long partnership through their church in order to support on-going programs during the year. These partnerships are sought out through contacts with the North American Mission board's web site, the Whirlwind Missions web site, notices in denomination state papers, and direct mail to directors of missions.
Whirlwind Missions provides opportunities for volunteers in churches to get involved with Outreach Events during the weekend.
Whirlwind Missions establishes Missions directly in the apartment complexes where ESL classes, after-school programs, health ministries and other services deemed necessary are provided.
Tim A. Cummins has established relationships and provided ministries with the following apartment complexes within the International Village of Chamblee and Doraville as well as Metro Atlanta Georgia:
- Shallowford Gardens
- Azalea Place
- Chamblee Heights
- Don Juan
- Pearl Lane
- Highland Gardens
- Wyndam Creek
- Courtland Club
- McAlroy Manor
- Town and Country
- Huntingdon Station
- Huntingdon Creek
- Huntingdon Terraces
- Shallowford Arms
- Shallowford Pines
A Board of Directors has been established consisting of Godly individuals committed to the vision of reaching the lost.
An Advisory Board has also been created to promote spiritual awakening in our churches and communities and to sponsor prayer and financial support.
Tim A. Cummins is the Director of this organization and serves as a consultant for other churches and organizations interested in replicating this type of ministry throughout the world.